Author   Comment  
Dirk09

Development Team Member
Hi All,

i just finished my first 515-Cycling test indoor with moxy on right Rectus Femoris. I did 150w/180w/210w/240w/270w/300w and ended without allout (hope that is no fault).

Now i need some help in interpretation. 

Dirk

5151.JPG

Attached Files
xlsx 20171011_1.xlsx (488.54 KB, 9 views)

CraigMahony

Development Team Member
Could you export this as a csv file please so we can work with it?
Dirk09

Development Team Member
Excel should work! Thanks!
sebo2000

Development Team Member
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for sharing your data.
From single moxy 5-1-5 on RF seems like your primary limiter is around muscle. This would have to be investigated closer to determine to what extent it is Muscle Oxidative Capacity (in this case we are talking only about RF) and to what extent it is muscle coordination. I think Oxidative capacity is a bit more pronounced but it could be directly related to coordination.(eg. you could be engaging VL more ) Your secondary limiter is related to pulmonary functions, again some more tests\questions could confirm more details.

Did you try to place Moxy on VL and ride one of the higher intensities from 5-1-5, what denaturation levels are you observing at eg 280w or 300w?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Dirk09

Development Team Member
Hallo Sebastian,

thanks for your interpretation. Sorry for the delay in respond. I was 10 days on vacation.

what i unterstand is:
 1. limiter is muscle (coordination or Oxidative Capacity)
 2. is pulmonary functions

which tests are 
necessary for more details? Today i made another 515 Test with moxy on right VL. May be the place was not perfect! SMO2 was so low. Hope the test is still ok!

Testprotokololl was 140/200/270/340 finisched, guided by Garmin with ftp 310w.

Attached Files
xlsx 20171022.xlsx (211.40 KB, 9 views)

sebo2000

Development Team Member

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for sharing and providing another 5-1-5. Smo2 levels from your VL are not that low, yes big difference between VL and RF, but I have seen VL SmO2 in single level range at failure.

What is more interesting: THb trend in this assessment, in particular Maximum Rest THb. THb decreases during rest.

Since almost 2 weeks passed between those 2 assessments, can you describe what were you doing in those 2 weeks training load wise, were you less recovered during second test?

During rest 2B and 4B THb increases as expected, in all other rests THB actually goes down. Was your right left always position the same way or it could be positioned differently during 2B and 4B rests? How was the sensor placed on the leg and secured?

I would still say your primary limiter is coordination and Oxidative Capacity on RF (which is most likley caused by coordination and fit). And secondary is delivery caused by pulmonary functions. Last 5-1-5 has symptoms of cardiac limitation, but I think it could be also caused by different position during rest.

Try to map your leg muscles, trainer set to something fairly easy eg: 180W 5 min single intervals, moxy on: VL, VM, RF and BF at the back, you will have 4 loads with 1 min rest in between, leg in the same position, all in one session.
Try placing sensor on RF and VL in the same place where you had it during both 5-1-5.

Dirk09

Development Team Member
Hi,

Restposition was different 
2 times right (moxy leg) up, 6 times left up. Sorry didn't see garmin advice all the time. should change every rest. but i didn't.

between the 2 tests:
first week: a little cold 7h training (Reg-G2, mostly Reg)
second week: normal training 14h (G1-EB, Mixed)

First Test better recovered.

today next small test. See attached file.

180Watt 5'+1' after that change moxy position.

1. VM
2. RF
3. VL
4. BM

Dirk

Attached Files
xlsx 20171025.xlsx (153.41 KB, 6 views)

sebo2000

Development Team Member
Nicely captured data, as you can see yourself the differences are quite big especially between VL and VM.

Just to be clear; those numbers will never be equal, or meant to be equal, but based on what I have seen so far, bringing them slightly together especially the extremes) improves overall efficiency. I would first tackle VL and VM.

You could add some specific workouts to tax VM and observe reactions on Moxy if you are hitting right target, that is actually quite easy muscle to train.

Adding more than one muscle group during workout especially at higher loads, can cause delivery limitations, it most likely will in your current state, your pulmonary secondary limiter from first 5-1-5 could be pre-cold state.

With single Moxy I would keep leg always in the same preferred rest position during 5-1-5, this way we can observer max rest THb trends during final steps, they say quite a lot. In your case we can see THb go down most likely due to occlusion caused by leg position or due to overloaded cardiac from cold, probably a little bit of both.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net