Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
First  that would be  a lot  of  fun having a  calculate FTP  form the  CP  20  or otehr short term  test they often do . Check on golden cheetah  to  calculate  FTP. Than use this  calculated  FTP  and   try to go  one  hour including MOXY feedback.
Second
ideal Smo2 & Thb pattern from 5-1-5 assessment exist?

There is  an optimal  individual  pattern   and as mentioned  try to  find your current optimal individual pattern by   doing a 5/1/5  when you  think you are really  recovered  and than  do  one where you knwo you are really  " fatigued" So  for example after  a  race or after a  hard  workout. When you look  from the trend in SmO2  and tHb  you   have  depending on sports  different options.
 In cycling as a good  cyclist  you will see often a  drop in SmO2  fast   and than  " plateau" of SmO2 on different levels.
 This i often hard  to than  look on  limiter or  compensator.
 So  it is better  to use  MOXY on an important  but not the main muscle  so RF  could be a better option.  Once you are really used  to  look at  SmO2  and tHb trends  combined  with HR  and you feeling  for  respiration you really use NIRS a   direct feedback on  what you lie to trigger or achieve  as you are out there.  Example.
 You lie to  stimulate  utilization  today  and you ,like  at the same time  to actual stress your respiratory system  as well.
 Now  you go out  and you see, that your cardiac system is  still not recovered  after the  days  you  did before.
 So you  either change the idea  and  you may do a coordination workout  or you change the idea  from going  out hard  for utilization stimulation and  do the same idea of utilization  at  100 watts   instead of  320 watts. for  example. I  still ow  you  the part 2    and 3   when using  MOXY into more  depth.
bobbyjobling

Development Team Member

I have attached results for two new 5-1-5 assessment performed on consecutive days. On the first day the Moxy was placed on the Right VL and on the following day it was placed on the Left VL.

What I especially noticed was that my Right Leg SmO2 & ThB response was extremely sensitive to body position on the bike, I could drop SmO2 by 10%  (ThB would rise) whilst the Left Leg was completely insensitive to body position.

I would also say that my perception to fatigue (outdoor rides) between Left and Right leg is slightly biased to the right leg as been  less fatigued.

My power meter (Power2Max) power split normally indicates a L49% to R51%, but I don’t think this % split is significant as it could be the power meter.

Power consistence for the 2 5-1-5

Watts VL Right & Left 5-1-5.jpg 

Hart Rate

HR VL Right & Left 5-1-5.jpg 

SmO2

SmO2 Right & Left 5-1-5.jpg 

ThB
ThB VL Right & Left 5-1-5.jpg 

Attached Files
xlsx Rob_Lib_R_&_L_VL_5-1-5_Moxy_Monitor.xlsx (1.45 MB, 8 views)

Ruud_G

Development Team Member
What I find nice to see is the different pattern in SmO2 for both legs. One is becomes more flat further away in the assessment, while the right one drops SmO2, recovers SmO2 and then drops SmO2 again within a load situation. The time till peaking in SmO2 seems slower in the lower loads as higher load which probably has something to do with the delivery system not on full speed yet. Also notice a very different HR drop pattern in your second day. I would say : second day you are tired and HR doesn't drop that much in rest periods but it actually drops much more in rest periods than the day before.
juergfeldmann

Development Team Member
Nice   fun  feedback  and data.
 One important  part we look in most sports is the actual  active and passive  ROM in  involved joints.
 So you   have to look at  Hip  ROM  for  Hip flexion extension but a very important  part is  actual  IR /ER in the hip  and as well Abduction.
 Than  the same in the knee  joint as  many hip  muscles   as well influence the knee joint. Once you have  active  and passive ROM assessed  you may have already some feedback on why you may have a different pattern.
 Than the next  part is   inter muscular  and intramuscular coordination  of  left and  right leg as the is  like in your  arms a  dominate  and less dominate leg which makes  the   movement  more or less efficient.
 Than  when  we look at power left and right you have to look the power you may or may no apply   in between  6 -  12  and  12 -  6  which is a part of the coordination.
 What  cadence  can you more  right   compared  with left.Than   one part we often forget is  talocrural  joint  ROM as this as well can affect the   way  you may use a muscle  chain. In the next webinar  with bike fitting   this  will for sure be  a big part of  physiological bike fitting versus  anatomical bike fitting.  and how  to combi9ne  both of them.  Frank Days  independent  pedals  are  an incredible great tool  to find out very east  y and  fast   the difference in coordination  and therefor as well efficiency  between left and right leg.
I used them very often in patients    who had a stroke or  different neurological problems. I hope  today  to get into a very  interesting  direction  with the forum  physiological assessment  and training versus  mathematical training  and   physical testing. What you can do is  do a simple  assessment   where you  just bike left leg only  and than  right leg only and see how  that looks like power wise  and  NIRS  wise  and  HR  wise. So eliminate one side   as good as possible.. Fun is  actual  to do this  with 2 MOXY  and see how a   contralateral   reactions looks  when using just one side.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net