Author   Comment  
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

Here I leave the results of a test that we did a few days ago. An evaluation of 9 Moxys. I tried to evaluate the sternocleid and the intercostal but it did not work out well. The next test I will improve it.

Test:

- 6 Intervals (100 / 100W - 150 / 150W - 200W / 200W)
- Athlete with medium level
- Weight: 60 Kg

Attached the Csv.

It is fascinating to observe how all the muscles work at the same time and to observe differences between legs. We have begun a study of the global hemodynamics of the body.
We will be publishing more data on this analysis that we have started doing in cyclists, rowers and triathletes.

Martí

SMO2
SMO2.jpg 
ThBThB.jpg 

Attached Files
xlsx Datos.xlsx (388.26 KB, 4 views)

MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

We are looking for the priority order of blood delivery that the body establishes during exercise within the muscle groups and between different muscle groups.
By previous observations we have this initial conclusion
The system prioritizes the delivery to the RF with respect to the VL, the more "weak" or less trained the cyclist the more noticeable this effect is.

ryinc

Development Team Member
Really interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Were any moxy monitors on non priority muscles - not clear for labelling for all.

On your comment regarding prioritisation of blood be careful to mix causation with correlation - it ciuld be that causation is limiter snd just so happens there is high correlation of limiters by level of training.
MetaTrainingSST

Development Team Member

If, below the images you see the color that belongs to each muscle, we analyze the deltoid and intercostal (11) and sterno (2) but I had problems. So I eliminated them, now I'm going to hang another test in which the sternocleido appears.

I just added the 2 global images because if there were not many images but you have the CSV to download the data.

I do not understand what you want to say with "so it happens there is high correlation of limiters by level of training". Can you explain to me more?

I say that the limiters and thresholds are the result of redirections of blood flow from one muscle to another (hemodynamics) and that the thresholds derive from the inability to mobilize this blood depending on the demand. Clearly we must take into account the pulmonary limitation or oxidative capacity to complete the paradigm, although it is debatable about pulmonary limitation because sometimes the pulmonary limitation is derived from a cardiac problem: A high blood velocity which does not allow a correct pulmonary diffusion, that is to say, the hemoglobin has a lower time of 0.25s of transit in the alveoli, which thing does not allow the hemoglobin with oxygen connection: Pulmonary Limitation caused by cardiac problem.

This article is very good and they talk about this:

Joyner, M. J., & Casey, D. P. (2015). Regulation of increased blood flow (hyperemia) to muscles during exercise: a hierarchy of competing physiological needs. 
Physiological reviews95(2), 549-601.

Thanks, Martí
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net